Raw Vegan Chocolate Pie
Author: Don Orwell
Great Raw Vegan Chocolate Pie!!
- For the Crust:
- 2 cups almonds, soaked overnight - drained
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup pitted dates, soaked overnight - drained
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground vanilla bean
- 1 banana
- 4 Tbsp cacao powder
- 2 ripe avocados
- 3 Tbsp raw honey
- 2 Tbsp organic coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. almond milk (if needed, check for consistency first)
- Add dates, almonds and banana to a food processor or blender. Mix until a thick ball has been formed. Add the vanilla, and apricot chunks to the blender. Mix well and maybe add a couple of drops of water at a time if the mixture sticks together.
- Spread in a 10" disc.
- Add the filling ingredients to a blender. Check for consistency and add almond milk if necessary. Add filling to the crust. Refrigerate.