Asparagus Lemon Mint Risotto
Author: Don Orwell
Recipe type: Side Dish
Great side dish!!
- For the risotto base:
- 1 liter vegetable or chicken broth
- 4-5 sticks celery, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 600 g brown rice
- 250 ml dry white wine
- For the risotto:
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends removed and discarded
- 50 g coconut oil
- 700 ml vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 bunch fresh mint, leaves picked and finely chopped
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- extra virgin olive oil
- Chop asparagus in discs and keep the tips whole. Bring the broth to a simmer in a saucepan. Put the olive oil in a separate pan, and add celery and onion and cook until soft. Add the wine and rice and turn up the heat and keep stirring.
- Ladle the broth to the rice, stir well and wait until it has been absorbed. When it’s all absorbed, put risoto to the side.
- Put a saucepan on high heat. Pour in half of the broth, followed by all risotto base and the asparagus. Simmer until all the broth has been absorbed. Add the rest of the broth in batches until the rice and asparagus are cooked. Turn off the heat, add mint, olive oil, lemon zest and all the juice. Check the amount of seasoning and add salt and pepper if needed.